How to get rid of rodents in your attic
No matter where you live, you can become infested with rodents. This family includes rodent, mice, squirrels, gophers, and quite a few more pests. These disgusting vermin are happy to move into your attic where there is plenty of shelter, safety from predators, and access to food and water. When you discover that you have rodents, you must act quickly to get them gone.
Here are just a few problems caused by rodents in your attic
- Rodents are destructive- they chew anything that gets on their way.
- Rodents are multiply quickly. They breed throughout the year, and reproduce at an alarming rate.
- Rodents are filthy creatures that and spread a number of diseases including Haunta virus and salmonella.
- They are hosts to other infections, parasites, and bugs like ringworm, mites, Ticks, and fleas that can be transmitted to your family and pets.
Once you have set about preparing to clear your attic, you need to choose a method of clearing them. Here are some popular solutions to help you decide.
If you need help, we service the entire USA! Click here for a wildlife removal specialist in your town!
- You can purchase a wide variety of dangerous poisons or chemicals almost anywhere.
- Be warned, Chemicals can be hazardous to more than just rodents. You must safeguard your family, pets, and make sure they are safe for the earth. Poisoned rodents can also crawl off to die in walls or enclosed spaces leaving you with a rotting body that is causing smell and germs.
- Maybe you will be using Snap traps. These usually kill your prey, but now you have a bloody mess to dispose of.
- Glue traps are also a popular solution. Unfortunately, a glue trap will catch the animal and hold it securely, but often they suffer, often waiting days to die.
- You could try live traps; these are inexpensive, available almost anywhere, and easy to use. Keep in mind- You will have a live rodent to deal with.
- Exclusion funnels are a simple and effective choice too. They are easy to build and install. They are reusable as well. This simple funnel device allows the rodent to leave the attic, but it cannot return thorough the funnels collapsed end.
- They also make variety sonic devices that emit a sound that causes the creature extreme discomfort so it wants to leave.
- Hire a professional service that will handle all aspects of your rodent problem including catching them, disposing of them, and helping you to safeguard against re-infestation.
Go back to the main Wild Animal Removal
page for more information about How to get rid of rodents in your attic.