Westchester Pest Animal Removal
24/7 cell phone: 914-595-4833
If you have an issue with a DOG or CAT, call Westchester County Animal Control at (845) 225-7777
Yes, you can call us 24/7. New York wildlife don't take weekends off, and neither do we. Our company specializes in the removal of unwanted wildlife from property, houses, and attics. We service the Westchester, NY region. Call us
now to discuss your problem, get pricing, and schedule an appointment.
FULL-SERVICE WILDLIFE COMPANY IN WESTCHESTER: We pride ourselves on being the most thorough and complete wildlife removal in Westchester. We do not simply set a cage trap on the ground and hope that'll solve the animal problem. We
address the root cause of the wildlife issue, and follow a complete step-by-step plan, including the following services:
- INSPECTION - We inspect the building and property to fully understand the cause of the wildlife issue. We aim to permanently solve your problem, by addressing the cause.
- ANIMALS IN ATTICS - If you have wildlife in the attic, we enter the attic and identify the animal(s), any damage they have caused, and remove them there, if possible.
- HUMANE WILDLIFE TRAPPING - Most jobs call for the capture and removal of animals. We put our years of experience to use in order to safely, humanely, and effectively catch the target animal(s).
- ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS - If you've got animals in your house, it is vital to find and repair all open entry holes. Our repairs are professional grade and backed by warranty.
- ATTIC CLEANUP - When necessary, we thoroughly clean and decontaminate your attic, to prevent mold, pathogens, and odors.
- WESTCHESTER BAT REMOVAL - We pride ourselves on a 100% success rate in the live removal of bats from buildings in New York.
- WESTCHESTER BIRD REMOVAL - We install preventative barriers to keep pigeons and other birds off of New York buildings.
- WESTCHESTER RODENT CONTROL - We know a permanent way to get rid of rats or mice.
We offer many other services in addition to the above listed. We perform dead animal removal, removal of New York snakes, mole trapping, and more. We can solve pretty much any nuisance animal complaint. We are a private business,
we are not Westchester Animal Control agency or the Westchester County Animal Services - they only handle domestic animals, such as dogs and cats. Here are some of the species we commonly deal with:
Westchester Raccoon Removal
- Raccoons are a common animal in New York. They break into attics, destroy property, eat garbage, and more.
Westchester Squirrel Removal
- We deal with squirrels in attics and eaves all year, but mostly in late summer and late winter.
Westchester Opossum or Skunk Removal
- We trap a wide variety of pest animals, from possums, to skunks, and more.
Westchester animal removal company services Westchester, NY. Our service range includes all of Westchester County and surrounding towns, such as Yonkers, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, White Plains, and more. We do not travel as far south as the Bronx or Mount Vernon. To learn more about us, visit our website at westchesterpestwildlife.com
Westchester wild animal control tip of the month: How Can You Get Rid Of Muskrats In Your Compound? Muskrats are tiny rodents, but they have a knack for causing a lot of damage to most people's property. These animals are primarily aquatic; they mostly live in areas that have a lot of water such as in rice paddies and properties close to rivers and lakes. Many property owners living close to such areas often have to spend lots of money on muskrat removal. If you are in such a position and are not careful about how you go about it, you could end up spending more than the necessary amount of money on muskrat removal, so it is often advisable to have some kind of background knowledge before you tackle the problem.
The main reason why muskrat removal is advocated for is due to the activity of such animals. They often have to burrow in the earth as a way of moving around or when trying to set up homes. Since they practically live in water, this often means having to burrow under areas such as riverbanks and lakeshores. If you have property by the lake or river, this could lead to a lot of structural damage on your house. For instance, if your foundation is compromised, you may have to deal with very expensive restoration or having to put up a new house altogether, as it could be too damaged for repair. You may also find that muskrat removal is advocated based on the damage that such animals do to some farms. These animals feed on rice, and may also use the plant to construct their homes. This means that if you have a rice paddy, you may need to contend with huge losses as these animals eat through and damage your investment. In addition to that, burrowing beneath the farm could also lead to loss of your crop.
As one would realize, these animals are therefore very destructive, and this is why muskrat removal has become such a big deal of late. Most of the time, the properties located by lakes and rivers are very expensive and luxurious, so most property owners would not want to lose them to the muskrats. Fortunately, there exist many methods of muskrat removal, and you only need to choose one that suits the occasion in order to ensure that you do not have to suffer from the problem in future.
When trying to do muskrat removal, one thing that should be done first is to analyze the severity of the problem. For instance, if you have a very large piece of land close to a lake and find that the animals cause flooding, you may find it impractical to do muskrat removal using things such as traps that you make on your own. In many cases, this means of muskrat removal is only suitable for those occasions when you want to get rid of a few muskrats as opposed to hundreds. If you have many of these animals around, you would be better off making use of professional muskrat removal services.
One other means of muskrat removal is by making sure that you give them an environment that they cannot easily stay in. this often means knowing some of the characteristic features of a muskrat's habitat. These include the fact that the area they stay in has to have stagnant water, it has to be shallow and also have a lot of vegetation. This means that if you are to do muskrat removal on your own, you just have to reverse this. You would need to get rid of any vegetation with provides the animals with food. Making sure that the edges of the water body are deeper than six feet will also discourage the animals to stay there, though this may sometimes be hard to implement. In addition to that, you can try to ensure that the water flows. If you have a pond, you can try to connect it to some kind of river so that the water in it is never still. The fact that this also aerates the water will also result in muskrat removal. At the end of the day, these animals can cause a lot of damage if not taken care of well, so taking advantage of some of the tips above will go a long way in preserving your peace of mind.
Read more about wildlife: Raccoon Removal
| Squirrel Removal
| Skunk Removal
| Rat Removal
| Bat Removal
- Remember, we are not a pest control or exterminator, we do humane wildlife removal Westchester.