Syracuse Wildlife Removal
24/7 cell phone: 315-816-3404
If you have an issue with a DOG or CAT, call Onondaga County Animal Control at (315) 249-9957
Yes, you can call us 24/7. New York wildlife don't take weekends off, and neither do we. Our company specializes in the removal of unwanted wildlife from property, houses, and attics. We service the Syracuse, NY region. Call us
now to discuss your problem, get pricing, and schedule an appointment.
FULL-SERVICE SYRACUSE WILDLIFE COMPANY: We pride ourselves on being the most thorough and complete wildlife removal in Syracuse. We do not simply set a cage trap on the ground and hope that'll solve the animal problem. We
address the root cause of the wildlife issue, and follow a complete step-by-step plan, including the following services:
- INSPECTION - We inspect the building and property to fully understand the cause of the wildlife issue. We aim to permanently solve your problem, by addressing the cause.
- ANIMALS IN ATTICS - If you have wildlife in the attic, we enter the attic and identify the animal(s), any damage they have caused, and remove them there, if possible.
- HUMANE WILDLIFE TRAPPING - Most jobs call for the capture and removal of animals. We put our years of experience to use in order to safely, humanely, and effectively catch the target animal(s).
- ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS - If you've got animals in your house, it is vital to find and repair all open entry holes. Our repairs are professional grade and backed by warranty.
- ATTIC CLEANUP - When necessary, we thoroughly clean and decontaminate your attic, to prevent mold, pathogens, and odors.
- SYRACUSE BAT REMOVAL - We pride ourselves on a 100% success rate in the live removal of bats from buildings in New York.
- SYRACUSE BIRD REMOVAL - We install preventative barriers to keep pigeons and other birds off of New York buildings.
- SYRACUSE RODENT CONTROL - We know a permanent way to get rid of rats or mice.
We offer many other services in addition to the above listed. We perform dead animal removal, removal of New York snakes, mole trapping, and more. We can solve pretty much any nuisance animal complaint. We are a private business,
we are not Syracuse Animal Control agency or the Onondaga County Animal Services - they only handle domestic animals, such as dogs and cats. Here are some of the species we commonly deal with:
Syracuse Raccoon Removal
- Raccoons are a common animal in New York. They break into attics, destroy property, eat garbage, and more.
Syracuse Squirrel Removal
- We deal with squirrels in attics and eaves all year, but mostly in late summer and late winter.
Syracuse Opossum or Skunk Removal
- We trap a wide variety of pest animals, from possums, to skunks, and more.
Syracuse wildlife removal company services Syracuse, NY. We operate in the greater Syracuse and surrounding suburbs. We cover all of Onondaga county and parts of Madison and Cayuga counties also. Towns we cover include Liverpool, Solvay, Fayetteville, Manlius, Chittenango, North Syracuse, Pompey, Tully, Lafayette, Minoa, Bridgeport, Salina, Cicero, Baldwinsville, Skaneatles,Camillus, Onondaga, Clay & Brewerton. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.syracusewildlife.com
Syracuse wildlife control tip of the month: How to catch a possum - Questions answered.
If you have a problem possum and you want to catch it, there are going to be questions, especially if you have never done so before. You will also find that with a few moments of searching on the internet, there is a lot of conflicting information that you will have to wade through. Thankfully, we have made life a little easier for you with these three simple starter questions on how to catch a possum.
Possum traps - what's the deal? There are three types of possum trap - the cage trap, the leg hold, and the kill trap. These do pretty much what it says on the tin; the kill trap will exterminate your possum in a manner that is very quick and very painless. The leg hold will catch the critter by the leg, and you will then have to go ahead and release it from the trap and do whatever you have decided to do with it. The cage trap works in the same way, but rather than holding the possum by a limb, it is completely safe in a little cage that has a door shut behind its entrance, once the mechanism has been triggered.
Possum bait - what should I choose? Luckily, there is no right and wrong answer when it comes to picking bait for your possum. Meat works, (they love to grab the leftovers from your garbage can) so you could try this, but with a kill trap, especially at night, you are probably going to catch and kill other creatures as well, so it is probably wise to avoid this. You could use fruit - they seem like love apples and kiwi, and you could also use cat food - bait that many people have had luck with.
I've caught it, what should I do now? This is the bit that many people have problems with - once you've caught the possum, what do you do about it? Releasing it into the wild isn't a good idea simply because it could come back and in some places, it is actually illegal to do this. A nest box at the bottom of your garden or yard could work, but only if you don't have other pets, animals or children to worry about. In reality, giving the local wildlife professional a call is the best answer, and probably the easiest one too!
Groundhog or other critter deterrent - Since studies have shown that trapping and relocating an groundhog or other critter can lead to death of the animal in many circumstances, many more people are choosing to deter the creature rather than trap and release it. Although there are many products out there that promise to deter an groundhog or other critter, very few of them actually work but there are still more than a few tricks that you can try to get the animal to leave you alone. One of the great deterrents that you can use in the fight against groundhog or other critters in your home or yard is to use your head. For example, if there is a tree that has branches that lead right to various areas of your home, there is a good chance that he or she will use them to gain access. Therefore, if you cut these trees down, you are potentially preventing or deterring the creature from making your home its own. At the same time, destroying the scent that the animal leaves behind with a strong bleach or disinfectant can work. The animal is territorial and will claim a patch as his own with scent. Therefore, if you remove the scent, you are potentially confusing the animal into finding a new home. This can work particularly well if you have an groundhog or other critter living in your yard or attic. Finally, using nesting box in the yard will deter the creature from using your home as its humble abode by encouraging it to live within this box instead. Placed on the outskirts of your land, this can work rather well as a method of removing the animal from your home.
Read more about wildlife: Raccoon Removal
| Squirrel Removal
| Skunk Removal
| Rat Removal
| Bat Removal
- Remember, we are not a pest control or exterminator, we do humane wildlife removal Syracuse.