Suffolk County Wildlife Removal
24/7 cell phone: 631-479-3914
If you have an issue with a DOG or CAT, call Suffolk County Animal Control at 631-549-7722
Yes, you can call us 24/7. New York wildlife don't take weekends off, and neither do we. Our company specializes in the removal of unwanted wildlife from property, houses, and attics. We service the Suffolk County, NY region. Call us
now to discuss your problem, get pricing, and schedule an appointment.
FULL-SERVICE SUFFOLK COUNTY WILDLIFE COMPANY: We pride ourselves on being the most thorough and complete wildlife removal in Suffolk County. We do not simply set a cage trap on the ground and hope that'll solve the animal problem. We
address the root cause of the wildlife issue, and follow a complete step-by-step plan, including the following services:
- INSPECTION - We inspect the building and property to fully understand the cause of the wildlife issue. We aim to permanently solve your problem, by addressing the cause.
- ANIMALS IN ATTICS - If you have wildlife in the attic, we enter the attic and identify the animal(s), any damage they have caused, and remove them there, if possible.
- HUMANE WILDLIFE TRAPPING - Most jobs call for the capture and removal of animals. We put our years of experience to use in order to safely, humanely, and effectively catch the target animal(s).
- ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS - If you've got animals in your house, it is vital to find and repair all open entry holes. Our repairs are professional grade and backed by warranty.
- ATTIC CLEANUP - When necessary, we thoroughly clean and decontaminate your attic, to prevent mold, pathogens, and odors.
- SUFFOLK COUNTY BAT REMOVAL - We pride ourselves on a 100% success rate in the live removal of bats from buildings in New York.
- SUFFOLK COUNTY BIRD REMOVAL - We install preventative barriers to keep pigeons and other birds off of New York buildings.
- SUFFOLK COUNTY RODENT CONTROL - We know a permanent way to get rid of rats or mice.
We offer many other services in addition to the above listed. We perform dead animal removal, removal of New York snakes, mole trapping, and more. We can solve pretty much any nuisance animal complaint. We are a private business,
we are not Suffolk County Animal Control agency or the Suffolk County Animal Services - they only handle domestic animals, such as dogs and cats. Here are some of the species we commonly deal with:
Suffolk County Raccoon Removal
- Raccoons are a common animal in New York. They break into attics, destroy property, eat garbage, and more.
Suffolk County Squirrel Removal
- We deal with squirrels in attics and eaves all year, but mostly in late summer and late winter.
Suffolk County Opossum or Skunk Removal
- We trap a wide variety of pest animals, from possums, to skunks, and more.
Suffolk County wildlife removal company services Suffolk County, NY. We service all of Suffolk County, including Lindenhurst, Babylon, Bay Shore, Islip, Oakdale, Bayport, Patchogue, Brentwood, Ronkonkoma, Medford, Hauppage, Smithtown, Coram, Stony Brook, Yaphank, Shirley Mastic, and more. To learn more about us, visit our website at suffolkcountywildlife.com
Suffolk County wildlife control tip of the month: Opossum Removal - Opossum are a medium-sized marsupial that lives in North America. The largest opossum is about the size of house cat. Female opossum have a pouch that they carry their young in. They are considered to be a nuisance and they are capable of transmitting diseases such as rabies. However, they are immune to rabies themselves. They also carry fleas and other parasites. Opossum will get into your garbage cans and spill the contents. They will then filter through the garbage and spread it out while they are looking for something to eat out of it. They will also cause damage to screen doors and windows by tearing the screens. They will then climb through these holes and make themselves at home. You will certainly not want to have opossums living in your home because the stench of the places they occupy is horrid. This is a major reason to have them removed immediately from your property. They would be probably looking for a place to nest. If you are experiencing problems with them, you might want to consider an opossum removal method to help get rid of them.
You could try to trap them yourself as a method for opossum removal but they are very aggressive animals when they are cornered so you will want to be very careful when you are around them. Not only are opossums dangerous but they tend to act like they are dead. If you see an opossum lying around you do not want to go up to them because they are probably just playing dead. If you are considering an opossum removal method, it would be best to call a professional pest removal service. They may hiss at you and even bite. You would also want to make sure that your children and pets are careful around them so that they don't get bitten as well. Another method of opossum removal is to trap them. You may want to get a professional trapper to do this so that it is done safely and effectively. There are ways of not having to deal with opossum removal and that is not to feed them. You will also want to make sure that you are picking up any garbage you have lying around and keep a tight lid on your garbage can. Another tip so that you don't have to deal with opossum removal is to plug up any holes that they can climb through. You can also plug up any vents and other openings so that they can't use them to gain access to your house. Using these tips, it should prevent you from having to deal with opossum removal.
In order to avoid having to deal with opossum removal you should ensure that your yard and the areas around your house are clean and tidy. You should be sure that, not only your home, but every building on your property has properly fitted doors and windows and that anywhere an opossum could get in is sealed. Tidying up any bushes and ensuring there is nowhere for them to hide including wood piles and other piles of various materials are removed. They will often times inhabit properties where they have plenty of access to food so using garbage with a tight lid is a start but not necessarily good enough. If you feed your pets outside you will want to ensure there is no food left outside by bringing in the dishes and containers and picking up any food that may have spilled. If you have a bird feeder you will want to ensure that the feeder is brought inside every single night. Also make sure if you have fruit trees on your property that there are not any fruit lying on the ground below them. By eliminating places to hide and removing food sources you are making your property very undesirable for them.
If these methods do not work and you still have some problems with opossums you will want to keep trying different opossum removal methods and not give up. Opossums do not like moth balls or ammonia so one method of opossum removal is to place these items everywhere you think an opossum might want to call their home or where there may be some accessible food. Another opossum removal method is that you can soak rags in ammonia and place them in various areas but make sure you regularly check the locations of these items and change or resoak them as necessary.
Read more about wildlife: Raccoon Removal
| Squirrel Removal
| Skunk Removal
| Rat Removal
| Bat Removal
- Remember, we are not a pest control or exterminator, we do humane wildlife removal Suffolk County.