Durham Wildlife Removal
24/7 cell phone: 919-816-2432
If you have an issue with a DOG or CAT, call Durham County Animal Control at 919-560-0630
Yes, you can call us 24/7. North Carolina wildlife don't take weekends off, and neither do we. Our company specializes in the removal of unwanted wildlife from property, houses, and attics. We service the Durham, NC region. Call us
now to discuss your problem, get pricing, and schedule an appointment.
FULL-SERVICE DURHAM WILDLIFE COMPANY: We pride ourselves on being the most thorough and complete wildlife removal in Durham. We do not simply set a cage trap on the ground and hope that'll solve the animal problem. We
address the root cause of the wildlife issue, and follow a complete step-by-step plan, including the following services:
- INSPECTION - We inspect the building and property to fully understand the cause of the wildlife issue. We aim to permanently solve your problem, by addressing the cause.
- ANIMALS IN ATTICS - If you have wildlife in the attic, we enter the attic and identify the animal(s), any damage they have caused, and remove them there, if possible.
- HUMANE WILDLIFE TRAPPING - Most jobs call for the capture and removal of animals. We put our years of experience to use in order to safely, humanely, and effectively catch the target animal(s).
- ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS - If you've got animals in your house, it is vital to find and repair all open entry holes. Our repairs are professional grade and backed by warranty.
- ATTIC CLEANUP - When necessary, we thoroughly clean and decontaminate your attic, to prevent mold, pathogens, and odors.
- DURHAM BAT REMOVAL - We pride ourselves on a 100% success rate in the live removal of bats from buildings in North Carolina.
- DURHAM BIRD REMOVAL - We install preventative barriers to keep pigeons and other birds off of North Carolina buildings.
- DURHAM RODENT CONTROL - We know a permanent way to get rid of rats or mice.
We offer many other services in addition to the above listed. We perform dead animal removal, removal of North Carolina snakes, mole trapping, and more. We can solve pretty much any nuisance animal complaint. We are a private business,
we are not Durham Animal Control agency or the Durham County Animal Services - they only handle domestic animals, such as dogs and cats. Here are some of the species we commonly deal with:
Durham Raccoon Removal
- Raccoons are a common animal in North Carolina. They break into attics, destroy property, eat garbage, and more.
Durham Squirrel Removal
- We deal with squirrels in attics and eaves all year, but mostly in late summer and late winter.
Durham Opossum or Skunk Removal
- We trap a wide variety of pest animals, from possums, to skunks, and more.
Durham wildlife removal company services Durham, NC. We also service Alamance County, Smithfield, and Wilmington, NC. To learn more about us, visit our website at durhamwildlife.com
Durham wildlife control tip of the month: What to do about a mouse on the roof
Have you been hearing strange scratching noises coming from your roof and wondering if the aliens have landed? Well, you might or might not be relieved to hear that the case is much less complex than that. If you find that the noise occurs predominantly in the middle of the night, you can almost be certain that your home is being shared by some other inhabitants in the form of rodents. If the noises are only occurring during the day however, it may well just be a bird. To ascertain whether the guilty felon is a mouse or a rat, it would also help to listen carefully for the frequency of the scurrying feet. While rats make larger noises, mice can be identified by recognizing the constant and continuous sound of their busy feet.
So, once you have determined that you do in fact have a mouse on your roof, what do you do about it? Well, since mice are actually quite a common phenomenon on house roofs, there are various ways to deal with it. One thing is for sure though, and that is that ignoring the sound of a mouse on your roof will not make it disappear. The solution, on the other hand, lies within a 2-phase process that firstly involves mouse-proofing your house, followed by an optional extermination. As for the house-proofing, you need to thoroughly inspect certain areas around your roof to look for any entry holes which are created and used by mice to go their routes. Be sure to check around pipes, foundation sills, windows, attic vents, chimneys and fans on the roof. Once you have identified one or more entry hole, you need to properly seal them off with caulk in order to prevent the mice from entering again. As for larger holes and severely rotted areas, you can patch them with pieces of metal roof flashing.
When it comes to extermination, you only need to resort to this when you are absolutely certain that the initially innocent scratching sound has become a serious problem for you and/or your roof. The best advice in this case is to set snap traps along ceiling joists, as well as inside any void or in gaps between ceiling joists. Other strategic spots to place traps include inside any drop ceiling, plumbing points and heating penetrations. These are known to be popular places where mice exit the ceiling. When checking traps daily to dispose of old evidence, be sure to wear rubber gloves to prevent picking up a disease. Snap traps are certainly the best bet to permanently remove mice from the ceiling, while the use of poison is not recommended for both humane and more practical reasons.
Read more about wildlife: Raccoon Removal
| Squirrel Removal
| Skunk Removal
| Rat Removal
| Bat Removal
- Remember, we are not a pest control or exterminator, we do humane wildlife removal Durham.