Des Moines Wildlife Removal
24/7 cell phone: 515-446-3748
If you have an issue with a DOG or CAT, call Polk County Animal Control at (515) 262-9503
Yes, you can call us 24/7. Iowa wildlife don't take weekends off, and neither do we. Our company specializes in the removal of unwanted wildlife from property, houses, and attics. We service the Des Moines, IA region. Call us
now to discuss your problem, get pricing, and schedule an appointment.
FULL-SERVICE DES MOINES WILDLIFE COMPANY: We pride ourselves on being the most thorough and complete wildlife removal in Des Moines. We do not simply set a cage trap on the ground and hope that'll solve the animal problem. We
address the root cause of the wildlife issue, and follow a complete step-by-step plan, including the following services:
- INSPECTION - We inspect the building and property to fully understand the cause of the wildlife issue. We aim to permanently solve your problem, by addressing the cause.
- ANIMALS IN ATTICS - If you have wildlife in the attic, we enter the attic and identify the animal(s), any damage they have caused, and remove them there, if possible.
- HUMANE WILDLIFE TRAPPING - Most jobs call for the capture and removal of animals. We put our years of experience to use in order to safely, humanely, and effectively catch the target animal(s).
- ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS - If you've got animals in your house, it is vital to find and repair all open entry holes. Our repairs are professional grade and backed by warranty.
- ATTIC CLEANUP - When necessary, we thoroughly clean and decontaminate your attic, to prevent mold, pathogens, and odors.
- DES MOINES BAT REMOVAL - We pride ourselves on a 100% success rate in the live removal of bats from buildings in Iowa.
- DES MOINES BIRD REMOVAL - We install preventative barriers to keep pigeons and other birds off of Iowa buildings.
- DES MOINES RODENT CONTROL - We know a permanent way to get rid of rats or mice.
We offer many other services in addition to the above listed. We perform dead animal removal, removal of Iowa snakes, mole trapping, and more. We can solve pretty much any nuisance animal complaint. We are a private business,
we are not Des Moines Animal Control agency or the Polk County Animal Services - they only handle domestic animals, such as dogs and cats. Here are some of the species we commonly deal with:
Des Moines Raccoon Removal
- Raccoons are a common animal in Iowa. They break into attics, destroy property, eat garbage, and more.
Des Moines Squirrel Removal
- We deal with squirrels in attics and eaves all year, but mostly in late summer and late winter.
Des Moines Opossum or Skunk Removal
- We trap a wide variety of pest animals, from possums, to skunks, and more.
Des Moines wildlife removal company services Des Moines, IA. We service the Des Moines area, including Urbandale, Ankeny, Altoona, Carlisle, Norwalk, Indianola, Perry, north to Ames, and more. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.wildliferemovaldesmoines.com
Des Moines wildlife control tip of the month: House mice on the roof - house mouse proofing - There is nothing more annoying than hearing the pitter patter of tiny house mouse feet on your roof or in your attic when you are trying to sleep, and would seem as if the creature knew this - deliberately making as much noise as possible just to irritate you even further! Removal of the house mouse is going to take some serious hard work on your part, but thankfully, with a few house mouse proofing tips for your roof, you could be creature free in no time at all. The first thing that you are going to need to do is figure out where the house mouse is gaining access to your attic or roof, and this might mean looking for small holes that the animal could crawl through. These holes are going to need to be blocked to avoid the house mouse coming back, as well as avoiding problems with any other animal. Once you have identified and blocked entrances and exits, you then need to take a look at how the house mice are actually getting to your roof. The animal can jump a fair distance, so you are going to need to look at trees that have branches that lead in this direction and trim them down if they could be used as a walkway. Also, you are going to need to take a look at fencing as this could be the mode of getting to your roof that the creature is using. There are many repellants on the market, but these have proved to be useless for the most part, and some people have even had luck with using lighting in a bid to avoid the creatures coming back, but again, this can be a touch and go situation. You could try using a strong disinfectant to remove the animals smell, and this could work to encourage the creature not to come back.
Reader mail feedback: I found your site during an internet search. Hopefully you can offer suggestions. I have a problem with rats in my townhouse. This has been ongoing since August 2011. I have called Creature Control, First Chance Wildlife Removal and now Crook's Pest Control in my area. Originally the rats were in the attic and perhaps the wall, running also between the upstairs floor and downstairs ceiling. There were a few rotten boards around the roof, which were repaired. All possible points of entry that could be seen were repaired, patched, etc. by one of the professionals. Traps were set in the attic, but none have ever been touched. At one point, an opening was cut in the sheetrock going up the stairs between the floors but this was while the problem was primarily contained to the attic. The attic insulation was vacuumed out and replaced with new insulation because of the contamination. The attic remains clean. But they are heard there as well. No rats are inside the house, but they are running, scratching, hissing in the ceiling. Yesterday, the manager and technician from Crook's Pest Control came and thoroughly inspected but could find no point of entry. The manager said he had no idea and had never seen anything like it. Poison has been used which resulted in a dead rat (about 7" long) that was lodged between the duct work and vent in the ceiling being removed. The house has a continuous foul odor and I am frustrated beyond belief. Crook's has placed traps in the attic, bait boxes outside but they are untouched. Can you offer any suggestions or refer anyone in my area?
Read more about wildlife: Raccoon Removal
| Squirrel Removal
| Skunk Removal
| Rat Removal
| Bat Removal
- Remember, we are not a pest control or exterminator, we do humane wildlife removal Des Moines.